Updates on last letter
1) Bus tires – A fund was started to purchase new tires for the bus. $800 was needed. One of our RBM workers was selling his bus for scrap so we switched out his almost new tires for my “not-so-good” tires for the cost of mounting and balancing.
2) Furnace Fund – Our furnace repairman had estimated $3000 to replace our old furnace. One of our RBM workers was previously in heating and cooling. He was able to install a new furnace AND central air for less than $3000.
3) God supplied all of the needed funds through your gifts. Thank you so much!!
4) Support – Giving is “holding it’s own”. At the beginning of the year there was a small negative balance in the account for our area. In the summer and early fall 2 sizable one time gifts were given to bring the balance in the black for the time being. Please continue to pray and to thank God for faithful “givers”!
Cherie is feeling very good, in fact, she states that she feels better than she has in 15 years. She still needs to be careful not to over due and still needs a lot of sleep. The Dr. tells us to “get used to it”, that she is a “fragile bi-polar” case. Again we thank you for your prayers and help for her.
Summer went by so quickly. It was a great time teaching about Creation, the Fall, the Flood, the Tower of Babel and Abraham and Isaac, to name a few. There were 12 Schools with 513 students and 786 in closing programs.
Released Time Bible Classes are underway in most areas. It seems that the administrators were unusually busy this fall. It has been very difficult to get in to see them or contact them by phone or email. At the writing of this letter only one class from last year has not started yet. I have attempted to contact the new principal but have not been able to meet with him yet. I have also had a request to start a class in Paw Paw. Please pray that we would be able to work out the details here as well.
We recently were notified that our Mission Office may need to drop our group insurance plan. It seems that to have a group plan there must be at least 10 people in the group. Some of our missionaries have insurance through their spouses, others are opting to use a different type of insurance. We may have to purchase an individual plan. With Cherie’s pre-existing condition this may be difficult as well as the cost of prescriptions. Last spring we were so blessed that all of her care was covered with very little out of pocket expenses. Please pray for wisdom for us.
1) Praise for needs being met.
2) Praise for Cherie’s health.
3) Praise for the children that heard the Gospel this summer.
4) Wisdom and needs for RTBC’s, possible new class in Paw Paw.
5) Wisdom for health insurance and finances needed to cover cost.